Sunday, May 1, 2011

Teamwork

In setting up my Etsy shop I read lots of advice from successful Etsy sellers.  Most recommended joining some Etsy teams.  After joining a few and participating in the discussions, I was beginning to question the value of being a part of those teams.  Then one morning I got a notification that I had been invited to join a newly-formed team, called 1000 Things Alpaca.  Hmmmmmmm, a team made up of people interested in promoting alpaca products; what a great idea.  So I immediately joined this new team.  Now, just two months later, the team boasts 443 members and is every active, with great discussions, and so many things going on that it's hard to keep up with them all.  The most fun is the weekly Treasury Challenge.  I was fortunate to have one of my item chosen as the Inspiration Item for the first challenge.  Suddenly I understood the value of being on a good Etsy team.  That week my shop enjoyed more hits than ever before.  The hat that was the Inspiration Item got lots of hats.  It was "favorited" by many people, and so were other items in my shop.  Every day new people were using my hat to form treasuries around, and were sending me messages and adding me to their circles.  In the weeks since then I have tried to pay those things forward by participating in the weekly challenge and building treasuries around the chosen items.  My thanks to the 1000 Things Alpaca Team, and my admiration goes to the leaders who put an incredible amount of time and effort into making this team a success.
1000 Things Alpaca Team Page
1000 Things Alpaca Blog

1 comment: