Thursday, April 28, 2011

What Am I Doing Here?

What am I doing here?

Good question, right?  Honestly, I'm not sure.  I set up an Etsy shop earlier this year.  I had made some crocheted baby sweaters for my pregnant daughters as a Christmas gift, using yarn from my brother's alpacas.  I have always loved creating things- sewing, knitting, scrapbooking, quilting, baking, making jewelry, etc.  My daughters have encouraged me for years to set up an Etsy shop, but I never felt like I had anything unique or different to offer.  But with these natural alpaca baby sweaters I suddenly felt like I had found a truly unique niche.

Making things is one thing.  Marketing them is another.  People keep telling me that I need to start a blog to network and make my products visible.  So here goes.  I'm sure this blog will be a combination of information about my alpaca products, reviews of other Etsy shops, and personal and family stuff, because since I am a grandmother now, I do get to brag, right?

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful baby. Looking forward to following your blog and your musings.

    ReplyDelete